Quad Cortex - Neural DSP

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Al Krow, Jan 10, 2020.

1. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    How do you mute and unmute?

2. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I don't have mine yet, but this is all I could find in the manual:

Preset Produces no sound:

Is every physical component working properly? Check your cables, the connections, and make sure the VOLUME KNOB is raised.
    After that, take a look at The Grid. Are the input and output blocks properly configured? Are other Presets working?
    Finally, take a look at the I/O Settings. Maybe some of the GAIN knobs are all the way down

Edit- just saw your thread on Discord, sounds like you've tried most possibilities already. Hope Neural can help sort you out

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  3. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Thanks. Gain is all the way up. No presets work.

4. Ryno1330

Ryno1330 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2020
    Did you buy it new or used? Following to see that you hopefully get it sorted.

BrentSimons likes this.
  5. retroXvertigo

retroXvertigo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    Anyone know the best way to get the expression pedal to act similar to the tone knob on my bass?

My band has a song where the recorded version has a filtered fade in like that where the high frequencies gradually come in.

6. jimb213

jimb213

Nov 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Can you set the pedal to function as a pan between an A and B path, where one is full-range and one is filtered? Or if there's an EQ or low pass filter with a mix control that you can assign to the pedal? A passive tone knob is essentially a low pass/high cut filter, so you could also set up an EQ block and have the pedal adjust the appropriate frequencies.

I don't have a quad cortex yet so I can't point you to specifics, but that seems like a relatively straight forward thing to set up.

7. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I assume there is a low-pass filter somewhere in there that can be used with the envelope turned off, and you could just set your expression pedal to control the cutoff frequency. You could really make it pop by using a filter with some resonance at the cutoff

8. archisland

archisland

Mar 5, 2016
    Stockholm
    Have you tried checking the drag down menu and clicking on the Heasphones-output to see if it has any volume assigned to it? :)

9. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Yep. The interface shows signal but nothing is output.

10. archisland

archisland

Mar 5, 2016
    Stockholm
    Does it look like this:

11. archisland

archisland

Mar 5, 2016
    Stockholm
    *** my pic wouldn’t upload. Hang on!

12. archisland

archisland

Mar 5, 2016
    Stockholm
    Here we go! Does it look like this, @scubaduba ? :)

Attached Files:

13. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Sure. But the meters light up indicating signal yet nothing is audible via XLR, Line outs or headphones.

14. Ryno1330

Ryno1330 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2020
    What does their tech support say? Did you buy it direct from them or second hand?

15. archisland

archisland

Mar 5, 2016
    Stockholm
    If it's not too much trouble, could you film the drag down menu on your unit (and go between IN1, Headphones, Out3L, Out4r and Out 1 & 2)?

16. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    @archisland Here’s a pic of one I/O screen showing XLR one output. Clearly getting signal but nothing audible actually comes out of the device.

FA3ED793-27F5-432B-957F-7F299B9BDD8E.jpeg

Yes, the effect chain is set to the correct outputs. I.E. XLR one or two or line one or two etc.

17. archisland

archisland

Mar 5, 2016
    Stockholm
    That’s so damn weird.

Stupid question: you have selected the correct type of input on your interface, right? (Line/Instrument)

18. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Correct.

Neural support has concluded the device is defective and have issued a call tag. So this one is going back to Finland. So I wait for that and then wait for a new one to arrive.

19. archisland

archisland

Mar 5, 2016
    Stockholm
    Sorry to hear that it was defective!! Hope you get your new one soon!!

20. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    So I received a replacement and it correctly outputs audio. Now I'm messing around with neural captures. Pretty cool stuff but gain staging properly is proving to be a bit of a challenge.

Anybody else get a QC? This thread is pretty quiet.

Ryno1330 and archisland like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021