Quad Cortex - Neural DSP

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Al Krow, Jan 10, 2020.

1. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    I agree. And I am pleased that the tuner does work so well on bass. Tracks a low B just fine too.

I've captured the Lightstone Emperor and the WRA Goliath so far and they sound great — remarkably like the actual device.

2. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Cant wait to capture my electric. I always have it set the same since it’s a power unit so there isn’t that much in way of eq. Which is fine with me. Great pedal platform. I’ll let y’all know when I get it captured and uploaded.

3. retroXvertigo

retroXvertigo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    I run a Peterson Strobo Stomp HD next to my QC. I have them mounted on a Temple Audio board.

I love having an always on tuner.

BrentSimons likes this.
  4. DangaDanga

DangaDanga

Mar 26, 2014
    If you like the AO stuff check out the Simple Boy and Goliath presets. It's almost hard to go back to the pedal with those two. I think one of them is a preset from Doug Castro that you'll have to download from the app but totally worth it. I haven't tried in a mix yet but the tone is unreal to mess around with.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Ryno1330 likes this.
  5. Fun With Dirt

Fun With Dirt

Mar 25, 2017
    North GA
    SW just contacted me. Making sure it's cool to charge the QC to me and ship. :)

6. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

I just found those last night. But it was late. I almost wanted to stay up all night with it and call off today haha but I’m at work now. Damn priorities! ;) but I did see them. Only messed with a couple AO ones. And I did see the ones Doug created. Def trying those tonight.

I haven’t been this engrossed with a pedal in a long time. I’ve been thinking about non stop since I got it. Feels good :D

DangaDanga likes this.
  7. retroXvertigo

Apr 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    I just found Doug Castro's dÜg style bi amp setting.

Crazy good.

BrentSimons, gregmon79 and DangaDanga like this.
  8. bjelkeman

bjelkeman Bass player wannabe

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I am using the Darkglass 212(?)
    I found the Simple Boy but not the Goliath. Would be good if one could direct link presets.

Ryno1330 likes this.
  9. Fun With Dirt

Fun With Dirt

Mar 25, 2017
    North GA
    Literally the first thing I said to them when I saw the IR list. "This doesn't even have all the cabs that are in the Element." I am sure more are coming. ...I mean, they already have them. lol

Ryno1330 likes this.
  10. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I just spent some more time playing. Man I love this thing! It’s so simple to just get sounds. And great sounds at that. I’m using someone’s capture of their AD200 and it sounds wonderful. Hooked up some other stuff to it and made a sort of prelim experimental thing:

884D501B-7E28-4A0C-BAB0-0BB22082D3D7.jpeg

I just downloaded all Doug’s presets as well as some of Erik’s and a few others. So friggen cool. I need the weekend to be here like now! Haha one more day and I’m free y’all. I can stay up and mess with the QC and capture some stuff. I’m anxious to share some sounds y’all. This whole sound sharing community could be hella fun. It’s like we all get to try each other’s gear. Pretty awesome. And I keep remarking how good it sounds. But damn. It does sound good. I’ll have an even better opinion of it after I capture my MBD and Electric. But hellz yeea

11. retroXvertigo

Apr 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    IMG_20210513_152626.jpg

This is perfection for me.

Attached Files:

xush, DangaDanga, Matt Dean and 5 others like this.
  12. Ryno1330

Ryno1330 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2020
    Well....what's the capture? That doesn't tell us much lol!

BrentSimons and retroXvertigo like this.
  13. retroXvertigo

Apr 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    It's this. I just renamed it. Haha Screenshot_20210513-220355.jpg

Ryno1330 and BrentSimons like this.
  14. retroXvertigo

Apr 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    I was talking more about the general set up being perfect more so than the preset. The preset is amazing though.

Ryno1330 likes this.
  15. bjelkeman

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    @gregmon79 i have often been curious about the MBD. Capture and share please! :)

BrentSimons likes this.
  16. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    You know I will!! Haha it’ll be another day or two, but it’s on its way.

BrentSimons likes this.
  17. bjelkeman

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    If I recall correctly you have been running it into the B7K, right? So that setup plueeeze.

18. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Nah, sorry man. I’ve been using an EQ as my preamp now. There’s a B7K model in the QC though. Maybe that’ll get you there?

19. bjelkeman

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Sorry, I wasn’t clear in what I meant to say. I was under the impression you used the MBD, at some point, in front of a clean B7KU. So capture the settings of the MBD you like for that.

As seen described here. Damnation Audio Fan/Appreciation Thread

20. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Ah I got you now. Yeah I can do that.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021