Quad Cortex - Neural DSP

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Al Krow, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Poobini

Poobini Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2019
    Someone with a QC... how are the pitch effects (particularly octave up)? Comparable to Digitech Whammy or EHX Pitchfork/POG?

2. DangaDanga

DangaDanga

Mar 26, 2014
    Just looked, Goliath is the 26G factory preset.

3. Diegombass

Diegombass

Sep 19, 2012
    Spain
    Sound clips please, or a YouTube link where can be heard mixed with dry bass but clean, without any distortion, or cab block. Thnx

4. bjelkeman

bjelkeman Bass player wannabe

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Pitch down is the best I have experienced. Up? I don’t know I don’t do up. :)

Poobini, tombowlus and retroXvertigo like this.
  5. retroXvertigo

retroXvertigo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    Can confirm. Octave down is on point.

I was planning on adding an octave up to the dug style preset for those 12 string sounds. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

tombowlus likes this.
  6. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Hey all. Has anyone else had issues downloading neural captures from other users I starred?? I can download presets, no problem. But when I tap the download button on the captures I’ve starred, it says it’s downloading. But then nothing happens and or nothing downloads. It seems to do nothing. Kinda puzzled atm.

retroXvertigo likes this.
  7. retroXvertigo

retroXvertigo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    I haven't had any issues. I've seen a bunch of people complaining about the WiFi.

8. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I actually did have something happen. I found a capture I was missing in a preset I downloaded from someone. I ended up finding it in my starred captures and hit download while I was on the preset I was missing the capture for. Well, it worked. It spit that capture right into the one I was missing. It was that dUg biamp preset.....

So, I went to go on to another preset to see if I could find the ones I was missing in that one. Could not find them anywhere. Not in the factory ones on the QC or on the app. So I’m again, slightly puzzled haha

9. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    :help:

10. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    It could just be me needing to learn the pedal better. I got it to sorta work! Haha

11. Fun With Dirt

Fun With Dirt

Mar 25, 2017
    North GA
    Oh. My. God. So far just guitar played through it but this sounds incredible!

20210515_154657.jpg

Attached Files:

12. Ryno1330

Ryno1330 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2020
    I completely agree. I love it so much for guitar it's taken away from my bass time! But it's great for bass also.

13. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I’m still loving this thing. But @retroXvertigo where did you see peeps complaining about the WiFi?? I’m curious because I’m having issues too. But it could just be their cloud is down is something maybe. Not sure. But I wanted to get to somewhere where people are having the same issues I am.

14. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Facebook groups are talking about it. Some on Discord too. I’ve not had any issue.

retroXvertigo and archisland like this.
  15. Couple questions for those that have one.

How difficult is it to have two setups? One with amp sims and cab IRS for going ampless and using headphones at home, and another with amp sims and cabs disabled for using with a real amp? Is there like a global amp and cab bypass? Can you maybe easily copy your presets from one patch to another? I mainly play with headphones at home, occasionally I’ll also play a gig ampless, but most of the time when I’m playing with the band I use an amp.

hows the looper? I don’t need crazy looper functionality. I currently use a ditto stereo And I like the simplicity of it. I typically loop one or two layers and then play over the top of it so I don’t need anything too crazy just something simple to use. I’ve had a couple bad experiences with more complicated multi effect pedals where it’s goofy to switch sounds while in looper mode where you have to either bend over a flip a toggle switch or do a bunch of tap dancing to jump in and out of “looper mode” in order to change sounds.

anyone dug deeper into the delays? The delay pedal I use does a sound that I haven’t been able to find in many other pedals. I know the helix will do it because the bass player who inspired me to get the delay I have now uses the helix. It’s basically a dual delay that’s a quarter note and a dotted 8th running in parallel that are summed to mono. In other words the quarter note and the dotted 8th don’t interact with each other like if you stacked two delays and fed one into the other.

what’s the octave up sound like? Can you get somewhat believable 8’string and piccolo bass like sounds? Or does it sound more like a flute or something like the bass whammy does?

I’m basically looking at the QC capabilities of replacing my entire pedalboard when I’m using an amp and also my pedalboard and amp when playing with headphones.

BrentSimons likes this.
  16. archisland

archisland

Mar 5, 2016
    Stockholm
    I did a 12-string preset that sounds pretty good IMHO. It’s actually one of the factory presets :)

bjelkeman, Nephilymbass and Ryno1330 like this.
  17. bjelkeman

bjelkeman Bass player wannabe

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    You can copy a whole preset easily do create a near duplicate one. They are working on more easily setting which output should be used globally, which should help a bit when moving between environments.

Looper isn’t available yet, but they are working on it.

I don’t understand the delay setup you have, so can’t answer that.

The pitch shift is generally very good, but I have mostly used down.

Nephilymbass likes this.
  18. Fun With Dirt

Fun With Dirt

Mar 25, 2017
    North GA
    For anyone interested, I just shared my FunWithDirtBaseBass QC preset on the cloud.

Parallel paths
    Highs ans mids into a DG B3K into a GK 800RB into a DG 212

Lows compressed and unto an SVT head into a SVT 810 cab.

BrentSimons and bjelkeman like this.
  19. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I captured my MBD today. A few times. Haven’t gotten the levels right. Still gonna be a min for me.

20. Ryno1330

Ryno1330 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2020
    Thanks for sharing - killer preset! I didn't have to change anything - it sounds great with my Dingwall.

BrentSimons and Fun With Dirt like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021