Quad Cortex - Neural DSP

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Al Krow, Jan 10, 2020.

1. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars, LaBella Strings, Bergantino Audio Systems
    Check out my QC account: TimothyGroovy

I had Monique uploaded and some other preamp, DIs captures

KUETSUM, Ryno1330 and JohnThomasson like this.
  2. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Ahh ok. I think I downloaded them already. Check out my Goliath and Emperor captures if you haven’t already.

3. 1983L2000

1983L2000

Jun 1, 2010
    Switzerland
    Did you capture a Monique or Simone yet? I should receive my QC Tuesday. I’m still planning to run it (one channel) into my Monique/Tardis, but...

ooops I see Timothy did )

And the Ikm seriously curious what compressor you use (analog one or modeled?).

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  4. 1983L2000

1983L2000

Jun 1, 2010
    Switzerland
    So, in the studio, you don’t feel any need for a Monique/Noble etc?

I will check your captures! There’s one thing I love with Monique, and it’s the sensitivity settings/impedance matching to cater for different basses - not sure how that could translate to the QC.

5. 1983L2000

1983L2000

Jun 1, 2010
    Switzerland
    Thanks for the very nice and super informative write up, from a very practical standpoint. I do hope the tuner becomes easier to use, I was hoping to fit just QC+Dunlop pedal on a Pedaltrain metro 16 - no room left for a tuner...

I hadn’t heard about potential phase issues with 2 lines, but I can see that being a problem...

6. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars, LaBella Strings, Bergantino Audio Systems
    Hmm...on using those mentioned gears in studio, the only advantage now is only, you know you are actually using that exact hardware in the first place, perhaps you only play and react differently, but for a final mix, I doubt if anyone actually care. Seriously, I‘m totally fine on selling those tube DIs if I need the money. :p

1983L2000 and kevk like this.
  7. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    KUETSUM and 1983L2000 like this.
  8. 1983L2000

1983L2000

Jun 1, 2010
    Switzerland
  9. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Captures are great. I’m not really a fan of the compressors though.

1983L2000 likes this.
  10. smeet

smeet Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    For those of you using the QC plus a nice analog preamp, how are you connecting them? Before, after, send/return…

11. smeet

smeet Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    How well does a capture of a compressor work? I guess you wouldn’t be able to change the threshold or any other parameters, but aside from that I mean.

12. JohnThomasson

JohnThomasson Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, DR Strings, Source Audio,& Fishman
    I don't think you can really capture a compressor since it is time-based. You can capture the character, but it won't behave the same way. At least I think so.

1983L2000 and smeet like this.
  13. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Correct

smeet likes this.
  14. 1983L2000

1983L2000

Jun 1, 2010
    Switzerland
    Hmmm, so I guess my Empress BC and T&T LAB may need to stay on the pedalboard...

15. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    I wouldn't let them go just yet.

1983L2000 and kevk like this.
  16. madmaskbass

madmaskbass

Apr 29, 2008
    Australia
    Well I am in the wait list. Finally pulled the trigger. I honestly cant see me replacing some of my beloved pedals and Demeter fully with the QC but I am excited nonetheless. One thing I am super super keen to do is hit up the dude I sold my Trace Elliot V8 to and asking for a few hours to capture the big girl! What convinced me has been my experiences running the DG ADAM pedal and really enjoying the blend of it with my analog pedals and tube preamp. It really took away the fear of digital to me. QC takes this idea to crazy new levels but in a good way

gregmon79, kevk and outoftune like this.
  17. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Not a gripe for me, but I noticed that too, the amount of time to get the tuner off the hold is long. Not really an issue. But yeah, I noticed it too.

I love the QC more every day I play with it. I can’t wait to see what the next year holds!!! I think it’s gonna be amazing. I’m using the Mesa models in it mostly. I’ve only used it live once. I still needed to dial it in. But it sounded good. I think I got it dialed in better now. I think the next live jam should be better. It’s fun to use the QC. I just want more fun effects to mess with.

retroXvertigo likes this.
  18. kevk

kevk Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Napa Valley
    So, given no compressor “capture” ability as yet…how are the on-board compressor options???

19. 1983L2000

1983L2000

Jun 1, 2010
    Switzerland
    Scubaduba is not impressed, and as you probably know, he has tested "a few" analog compressor pedals:

kevk likes this.
  20. outoftune

outoftune Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Quick question regarding used Quad Cortex: If I buy used and the QC has been registered, can it be undone and can I register?
    If not what functionality is lost from buying on the used market?

BrentSimons likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021