Quad Cortex - Neural DSP

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Al Krow, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Ryno1330

Ryno1330 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2020
    That's a good question and I'm sure if you email Neural support they'll help you on that. The biggest thing is you lose the 3 year warranty.

2. retroXvertigo

retroXvertigo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    I think they're pretty good. I need to spend more time with them.

I use a Ovnifx Smoothie and love the sweet spot on that thing.

kevk likes this.
  3. smeet

smeet Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I'm pretty picky about compressors. And, maybe they are hard to pull off in a DSP? IMO they were definitely a weak point in the HX Effects. And of course I trust scuba's impressions. I don't mind holding on to my Empress and Mozztronics.

Of course I don' t have my QC yet, so we shall see.

kevk and retroXvertigo like this.
  4. bjelkeman

bjelkeman Bass player wannabe

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I have made an appointment with one of the guitarists to just work on live sound at the practice space using the QC. I realise that the sound I created at home just isn’t right for live work. :)

5. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Haha it NEVER is. But after you do this a bit, you sorta get an ear. But modelers simply have to be dialed in live for me. Levels and EQ are always off. But for me, I’ve been using that little spark amp by positive grid. And it’s tricky to use since it’s set up to be an FRFR for the most part or whatever it’s called. So since I’ve been using that, I always have to adjust my EQ and gain stages quite a bit. But yeah, that’s another reason I love live playing, you can set your tones so much easier. But then again, it all just depends on the situation. Mainly studio players are on a totally different kick than I would be. Or a strictly home recorder.

bjelkeman and 1983L2000 like this.
  6. Fun With Dirt

Fun With Dirt

Mar 25, 2017
    North GA
    I have yet to use the QC in a live setting. I know for certain that my beloved tones at home will have to likely be drastically changed to suit the equipment and "room" there.

7. 1983L2000

1983L2000

Jun 1, 2010
    Switzerland
    The day someone comes up with an algorithm to translate bedroom headphone tones into studio recording and live tones...

gregmon79 and BrentSimons like this.
  8. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    I've used mine live several times now. I am very impressed.

1983L2000 and tombowlus like this.
  9. smeet

smeet Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I was just thinking about that. What we need is a procedural space model, where you set up your rig and a microphone in a room, and it does a "neural room/mix capture" so that your "bedroom sound" is properly translated to a live mix. Maybe someday...

1983L2000 likes this.
  10. JohnThomasson

JohnThomasson Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, DR Strings, Source Audio,& Fishman
    Are you guys using stomp, preset, or scene mode live? I've been using stomp on these few shows that I have done. I'm getting it ready for touring and I'm not sure if I will stay in stomp and just change the preset when I need other options than what is on that preset or use scene mode once I have it dialed in.

11. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars, LaBella Strings, Bergantino Audio Systems
    Scene mode to my application.

12. 1983L2000

1983L2000

Jun 1, 2010
    Switzerland
    What kind of setup? FOH, FRFR, amp/cab, or mix?

13. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    I've been going direct to FOH with XLR out in stomp mode.

Cantstandsya and 1983L2000 like this.
  14. smeet

smeet Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    How are you hearing yourself? Through an amp or monitors? If you have an amp on stage, are you sending the amp the same signal as FOH?

15. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    IEM via individual Live Mix mixer console. All of us use our own Live Mix console so we control our mix of individual channels for lead/rhythm guitars, each vocal mic, 3 drum mics, kick mic, acoustic guitar, keys low and high, and any other individual instrument we may use.

BrentSimons, smeet and LowEndGroover like this.
  16. LowEndGroover

LowEndGroover Gold Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Long Island
    That looks awesome. We are currently using the X-Air app so everyone has their own mix. I think I like yours better.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention!

Cheers,
    Eddie

BrentSimons likes this.
  17. KUETSUM

KUETSUM Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Hong Kong
    Will get my device in a week..and start collecting present and capture with the app

Surprised to see so many stuff for bass!
    Have like50+ useful material
    Any way we can tag or manage that with folder structure?

Need suggestion on the best way to do capture for amp moduler?

18. 1983L2000

1983L2000

Jun 1, 2010
    Switzerland
    I’m impressed so far. Some of the guitar presets are fantastic. Bass presets are quite good - they sound good to begin with, are a breeze to tweak. Ease of use is top notch. Pitch shifting is... amazing. So much content to go through, even for bass. Now having fun with captures, going through various settings of favorite pedals :) and will look at some of the captures/presets you guys shared (there was this SVT/Neve1073 I starred, and SWR goliath, emperor...).

19. LowEndGroover

LowEndGroover Gold Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Long Island
    Just got notified that my QC is being shipped out today. Looking forward to sitting home for a week to figure everything out.

gregmon79 and retroXvertigo like this.
  20. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    nice! When did you order? From Sweetwater?

retroXvertigo and LowEndGroover like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021