1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quad of Sovtek 6550WE's. FT for LEGO bricks!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Eilif, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    I have: Used Quad of Sovtek 6550WE's
    I want: LEGO bricks.

Background They came in my Traynor YBA 200, and were the stock model tubes for that amp. They sounded fine, but can't (IMHO) compete with the JJ KT88's the amp now has for tone. The amp has since been upgraded to remove the "auto" bias feature, and changing tubes will require similarly rated KT88's or a rebias, so I have no use for these 6550's anymore.

I want LEGO.
    -If you have loose LEGO, then I'll ship the tubes in a standard size USPS flat rate box. Fill the box with LEGO bricks (any kind, but no off-brand stuff) and send it back to me as payment.
    -If you have something special (complete kits, etc...) shoot me a PM and we'll work something out.

As long as you're not too sketchy, I will ship first. Tubes will ship in JJ electronic KT88 boxes, which will be shipped well padded inside a larger box.

2. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Atypical, not a typical...
    Seriously??? Legos for payment?

You have an Akai Deep Impact to sell for legos? I got thousands of them, and would give all of them up for another Deep Impact...

3. skiscem

skiscem Supporting Member

Legos... the new American currency... ;)

4. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Yes, I am completely serious. No deep impact though. Sorry.

I love LEGO, and if someone has some old LEGO bricks or sets lying around, I figure they wouldn't mind taking a chance on some used tubes. Low risk all around.