Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Quahogs Anyone, Question, Stu Hamm

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Carrillo, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Carrillo

Carrillo

Mar 29, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Ok if anyone has head Stu Hamms - Quahogs Anyone...well its a masterpiece...anyways

the part from linus and lucy

its like 3 3 3 3
    5 5 5 5
    5 5 7 7

But he plays this part on the G string 12 14 16 16 14 12

AT THE SAME TIME! I was like ok it has to be two basses.. but i looked up the tab and it sais you use your right hand to do the G string part... but arent i using my right hand to pick the damn 3 5 5 part?
    Argh im so confused

If anyone could clarify the best way to do this, Id appreciate it! thanks!

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Two handed tapping. The right hand taps the high part by pressing your fingers directly on the fret. As makes sense, your left hand taps the bass part. For an in depth explanation, do a search.

Essentially, though, you're simply pressing your finger down with enough force behind the desired fret (that you would've plucked) to make the desired tone. However, this doesn't mean to hit hard, just enough to play the noise. Really not difficult in technique, but in actual practice becomes more difficult. Just requires some practice, especially to get the timing right.