Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Quality gig bag (or softshell case) for a F. Jazz?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by heat@500Hz, Oct 8, 2005.

1. heat@500Hz

heat@500Hz Guest

Jun 11, 2005
    Lago Blanco de la Roca
    I completed a search and couldn't find any existing threads, and I apologize if this is in the wrong forum--but I am about to start gigging with my Jazz bass and I am curious about quality gig bags...I'd prefer something soft for more comfortable transport

I've found the assorted offerings by bass manufacturers, and so far I like the looks of the Fender deluxe tweed, but I thought some of you may have a lot of experience and could give a good reference to a place or brand to look

Thanks!

2. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    I own a couple of Warwick Rocbags that are very well padded with backpack straps. I only need one now and my sell the other.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

It really depends on your price range.

I have an Incase DUB bag that I love, it protects the bass almost as well as a hardcase, but is much more comfortable for transport. They are pretty pricey.

I also have a Mooradian that I would trust with any of my basses.

4. Check out RoadRunner.

Great stuff for a moderate price.

5. X Wolf

X Wolf Guest

Glenn Cronkhite Gig Bags

Not inexpensive but, IMHO the finest and most beautiful gig bags I have ever owned.

George