1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quality of the newest MIM Jazz Bass necks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blueser, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Blueser

Blueser

Aug 8, 2009
    I recently purchased a used 09 MIM Jazz bass, and while it plays and feels great, I compared it to the neck on my MIA Jazz, and the headstock is actually thinner. Also, from what I understand it does not have the graphite reinforcement rods like the MIA basses.

Does anyone think that the thinner headstock and lack of graphite reinforced neck would affect the stability of the neck over time?

2. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I would think the possibility is there. We don't have the quality wood that was common half a century ago, and IMO, the graphite rods are a good insurance policy.

3. I would think that as long as you took good care of the neck and had it set up every few months it would be fine...most of the necks that I have seen that are all out of whack seem to be that way because of neglect....

4. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    +1.