Quality practice headphone amp with sd card

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by grocker, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. grocker

grocker Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Ormond Beach
    Looking for a quality headphone practice solution....for learning songs ect....with memory sd card ect....I know tascam trainer looks like the best.....any other ideas or solutions?

2. I use a Zoom H2n for recording rehearsals and new sets... Superb for catching live sets...It uses an SD card that you could dump a folder of tunes on if you needed to... But the interface is probably more awkward for learning tunes with by comparison. I have also used a Tascam DP-008 for learning tunes from recordings... I now mainly throw mp3's I get emailed onto an old iPod touch that I play through my BC-20 practice amp (has a quality, very useable headphone out) while playing along through that or my main rig along side the BC-20 if I want volume... Just a simple elegant low fuss solution.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    grocker likes this.
  3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    grocker likes this.
  4. atrapp

atrapp Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Phil Jones big head and an android phone.... Or computer. This is what I use for quiet practice, I also have the tascam mp3 bass trainer which iirc has 500 meg or 1 gig of internal storage. Plenty of storage for quite a few tunes, but no where near the sound quality of the big head.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021