1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Quality used basses and WHERE TO BUY THEM ????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fender32, May 1, 2006.

1. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    Greetings fellow TB'ers. I need some help please .... :crying:

I'm trying really hard to find some website addresses for dealers of high quality used and/or vintage bass guitars, WITHIN GERMANY and in the UK.

In the USA, you're very lucky to have a wealth of dealers with great websites, offering superb ranges of vintage/used Fender, Musicman and Alembic basses. I suppose that this is fair, seeing as you invented them in the first place ;) . Importing them to Europe is prohibitively expensive and I can't view them first either, so that's not really an option.

In the UK, there are a handful of places that I know of (Vintage and Rare, Andy's, The Bass Centre and the truly superb Bass Gallery). I can get to these places occasionally and would be interested to hear of any other similar shops in the London area, for when I next visit.

The problem is that I now live in Germany and would like to find somewhere to shop for a pre-Ernie Ball StingRay and possibly an Alembic too. The only place that I have found who stock such things is called, "Musik Shop" (great name, eh?) in Kassel. They have some great stuff, but not at the moment, so I'm hoping to find some other places to look.

In short, I've tried all the searches that I can think of in Google (in German and English), to locate websites for vintage basses in Germany and all I seem to come up with are shops that stock the "Vintage" brand of guitars and basses (why were they allowed to use that name)?

So, I'd be really grateful to any of you who could post a few links to suitable websites.

Thanks a million. :D

2. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Subscribing to this as I'd like to know too. ;)

3. Nitkin

Nitkin

Aug 10, 2002
    Barcelona,Spain
    there is a lot of nice s/h shops in Cologne(Koln) where you`ll find practically everything

4. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    Thanks, that's good to know, but do any of them have websites?

I don't have a car, so I was hoping to see what is available from the comfort of my armcahir, before setting out on a "mystery tour".

5. Nitkin

Nitkin

Aug 10, 2002
    Barcelona,Spain
    better to google them i think.
    I`ve been there few times 5-6 years ago, so it`s hard to remember names of those shops.

6. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    .... and that's the whole problem! I can't find anything in Google using words like "vintage Gitarren", "gebraucht Bassgitarren" or even simple stuff like "Gitarre Geschäft". They only turn up eBay auctions or shops that only sell new gear.

I'm getting very disillusioned with the "world-wide-web" of late :meh: . It's really hard to find anything much worthwile on the guitar front, outside of the USA. Any of you who think I'm exaggerating should check out the link below to French eBay's bass guitar selection. P*ss poor, or what? :bag:

http://musique-instruments.listings.ebay.fr/Guitares-et-Basses_Basses_W0QQfromZR4QQsacatZ92204QQsocmdZListingItemList:rollno:

You guys in the states just don't know how lucky you are.:mad:

7. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
  8. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    :D Nice one Nitkin!

I forgot to mention this site in my previous post, but I have been drooling over their used Alembics for a few days now (especially the Mark King model).

This is exaclty the kind of website that I'm looking for, but there must be more than two in Germany.

Any other links, greatly appreciated. :cool:

9. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Have you tried Musikkeller in Dorsten?

Website address is www.musikkeller.com

Norbert Schnepel is the owner.

Good luck

TD

10. Calif De Funk

Calif De Funk Guest

Dec 15, 2004
    Sweden
    ...Maybe, but they have great musicians, who are not complaining and doing propaganda against musical instrument shops in other countries!

11. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    :) I was trying to be amusing Calif. But, then again, perhaps you were too (I do hope so).;)

12. Calif De Funk

Calif De Funk Guest

Dec 15, 2004
    Sweden
    Nothing wrong with being amusing as long as you use it as a spice, but making stupid jokes about others poverty, that is sarcasm and I do not find it amusing. Not at all.

Don`t forget that being rich does not make you a better musician (or person). There are musicians who never had a chance to grab a good and expensive instrument, yet, they play a lot better than you and me (incl. polish musicians who happen to be highly skilled and educated).

As for quality used basses; tell me what exactly are you looking for. I might help you.