1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Quantum 310

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kasper007, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Kasper007

Kasper007

Feb 9, 2006
    Belgium
    Hughes & Kettner Quantum 310 combo: good/ bad?

On second thoughts: don't say they're bad 'cause I already ordered one after playing one in the shop that sounded good.

I hope that there is someone kind enough to help me 'cause there's not much H&K related chat on TB. :(

2. gwx014

gwx014

Dec 22, 2005
    I don't know much about their bass amps. But I have the Rush in Rio DVD and Alex Lifeson was using a Hughes and Kettner and it sounded really good. Based on that I would think there bass amps would sound pretty good too.

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Ive played the Quantum 2x10" combo nad it sounded superb. One of the best sounding combos Ive tried.

4. FiedelP

FiedelP

May 24, 2002
    Hamburg, Germany
    Hello from Germany,
    I'm just about to order a 421 (2x10). It's really the loudest 2x10 combo I've ever heard. I didn't care much about Hugh and Kettner before, but I love the quantum-combos. They are really as loud as tube-amps. For me this matters: I'm looking for a lightweight combo that is easy to transport and loud enough and they deliver...
    But they have a sound not everybody likes. If you want a kind of modernized version of the Ampeg sound with better defined highs, you will be happy. If you're into Eden, SWR or EBS you might be dissapointed. I couldn't decide between Markbass and Hugh and Kettner, but I guess it will be a Quantum. If I'm lucky, I will own a 421 in about 8 hours (Ebay).
    If you want to transport it, check this:
    http://images1.thomann.de/pics/prod/180032.jpghttp://images1.thomann.de/pics/prod/180032.jpg

Dirk