1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quantum/Flea Bass Necks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SnakeAnthony, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Are the necks (aside from the headstock) on Modulus Quantum and Flea basses the same? I know their both made of Carbon Fiber, so don't point that out. I mean like, neck width from B string to G string, neck depth, string spacing, etc... If they are diefferent, how so?

2. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    They are not the same. I'm not sure how the radiuses differ, but (and I'm assuming you're talking about fivers here) the Quantum is 35" while the Flea is 34". This info should be on the site, by the way.

3. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Quantum vs. Flea
    24 frets vs. 22 frets
    35" scale vs. 34" scale
    inset heel vs. Fender-style heel
    1.60" vs. 1.56" (4 string at the nut)
    2.40" vs. 2.45" (4 string at the last fret)
    1.85" vs. 1.75" (5 string at the nut)
    2.75" vs. 2.75" (5 string at the last fret)

That's the stuff that was either easily visible or listed on the Modulus site...

Mike

4. Thanks guys. I'll remember to cruise by the site next time I'm curious about something like this:D

Ok, more questions. Does the 34" alter how well the B string feels on the Flea? I hear often about how the quantum has the "perfect B," does the Flea feel just as good? Sometimes scale length affects 5 string basses, other times not, so I'm curious.

Finally, do you guys know about how then the neck is (depth, fretboard to back)? Are they both the same? How thin are they?