1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quarter Pound P-Bass vs. stock // G&L LB-100 // C&W

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by crankypants, May 18, 2020.

1. I just got a mint 2017 G&L LB-100.

A previous owner installed a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound P-Bass pickup.

It shipped with the original stock pickup.

I tend to like things stock and original, but I'm not adverse to Good Ideas.

What are your thoughts on the QP vs the stock G&L P?

I plan on putting La Bella Flats on it, and this will by my main C&W bass (both kinds!).

2. EmaTheMirror

EmaTheMirror

Oct 9, 2009
    London, UK
    I had a similar situation with a CIJ single coil P bass bought second hand, where the previous owner put a SCPB3 but gave the stock one too.

In my experience, the best answer to your question always comes from a soldering iron and your ears. Try them both in various contexts as well, eg. rehearsals, and for a while, don't base your judgment on noodling half an hour with your headphones...

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021