Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Quarter pound wiring kit

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by thisSNsucks, Mar 22, 2005.

1. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    I just ordered an SX p-bass and i wanna replace all the electronics for more output. Im gonna throw in a quarter pound seymour duncan pickup but i would also like to repleace the wiring. Stew mac has a wiring kit but im not sure if its any good. heres the link Do you guys think this is any good? or is there a better wiring kit for the pickup i'll be using?

2. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    that one has everything you need if you want to replace everything in your control cavity. I just rewired my p-bass after having to buy new pots and used that very wiring kit. Worked like a charm.

3. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    oh and btw i have 1/4 #'s in my p-bass and love them. Should all work out just fine.

4. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    I just put Qp's in mx SX Pbass as well (left the stock electronics infor now though)...first impressions are very good.

Taking it to the gig this weekend.

5. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Thanks alot guys, it seemed like a good deal i just wanted to make sure it was compatible with the pickups.

6. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Just a thought... if you're pulling out all the electronics to upgrade, and if you're placing an order (and paying shipping) with StewMac already, tossing in a little shielding paint or copper shielding tape might not be a bad idea....

I did a similar re-wire job with QP's and a pot/jack/wiring kit on my Precision, and ended up having to go back for shielding tape to quiet the hum.....

7. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Im on it bigbeefdog, im basically gonna redo the whole control cavity so yeah shielding is a must