1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quarter Pounder P-Bass w/ DiMarzio Ultra Jazz?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tbird42, Nov 22, 2018.

1. I've got this good 'nuff Ibanez GSR200 bass that I found at a Goodwill a few months back. Solid bass overall, good construction, passive electronics, and it was quite a steal at $75. But the only thing that I think could be better are the pickups. I'm thinking of swapping out my p-bass pickup for a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder, and maybe my j-bass pickup for a DiMarzio Ultra Jazz. I've listened to samples of both, and they sound great by themselves, but alas I can't find a recording of them both on the same instrument. I know it's not normal to use different brands of pickups, but quite honestly I love the look of the cream DiMarzio pickup with the Quarter Pounder. Has anyone ever tried this combination or have any experience in this field?

2. They're both high output, assuming you get the HOT Q.P..
    Why not go full DiMarzio with a DP127?
    You can get those in cream too, I believe.

3. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    A matched set would be my choice and Dimarzio are some of the best bang for the buck pickups out there.

Killed_by_Death likes this.