1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quarter Pounder P/J Pickup Question.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Ralphieboy57, Dec 21, 2017.

1. I have a Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar P/J Bass. Its the model that has the 2 concentric pots in it. I recently up graded to SD QPs. Question is the I purchased the P-Pickup separately from the J-Pickup and not in a matching set.Would the stock wiring work or do I have to reverse the + and - wires on the J-Pickup to eliminate hum?

Thank you for any feedback on this.

2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

P/J sets don't work like that.
    The two halves of the P humbuck, but for the P only.
    A single coil J pickup does not buck hum unless it's matched up with a reverse wound reverse polarity single coil pickup.

TN WOODMAN likes this.
  3. Thank you for your response.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021