1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quarter Pounders in P Bass Deluxe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thumpking, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Thumpking

Thumpking

Sep 14, 2010
    I searched the forums and found a few post, but I am wondering if putting SD Quarter Pounders will be too much for the active EQ preamp in my P Bass Deluxe? I believe this one has the 9V preamp. I also have a Badass 2 bridge I can put on it.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Thanks!

2. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    You could always yank the pre and go passive. Basses without batteries = ALLSUM!

3. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Im assuming you have the deluxe that has a standard P and J pickup and not humbucker...

I have a MIJ Fender Precison Lyte that I use quarter pounders in. The only complaint I have is that the pre amp is WAY too bright on the treble end so I have to keep the treble completely off on the bass to obtain a tone I like. Im sure the pre amp is different in your bass but I also run quarter pounders in my Fender Jag (all my Fenders have QPs in them) and its the same way. I pretty much hate the stock Fender Pre voicing, but Im too lazy to change them.