1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Quarter Pounders in Renegade.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MCBTunes, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Well I have an OLD cheap Renegade Bass(part of peavey i believe)... it has the P-Style pickups... it is played through a 25 watt 12 inch speaker and it gets some volume, sounds OK.... What will adding 1/4pounders do?

Is it worth adding pickups to a 100 dollar bass as a backup bass or whatever? CAN I add them or will I have to do a bunch of adjusting or cleaning pots whatever?

Will it give me a good tone or is there more to it than the pickup?

MAIN ?: Will they fit and can I do it?

:help:

2. no one knows if these will fit into an old P-Style bass? (Non-Fender)

This isnt something I want to take to a luthier and I dont want to blow cash on pickups that I wont beable to use.

3. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    music go round near me is 10 bucks to swap a pikcup, bring it to a guitar shop and ask.

4. mariner

mariner

Feb 18, 2005
    Front Royal, VA
    I asked myself the same questions when I bought my Hondo 830 Fame series bass. It was the 1st affordable left-handed bass I could find. $279 at the time. Shortly after, I bought a set of QPs. Best investment to a cheap axe I could make. The sound can only be an improvement.

Will they fit? The Seymour Duncan website has dimensions for the pickups. Take a measurement and compare.

If you don't have good soldering skills, take it in. Most luthiers will do a great job and probably not charge too much for it.

I did mine on my own and may end up re-doing things because I'm suffering from a noise issue. I'm adding shielding. You may also want to consider adding that as well.