1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quartersawn necks on squire classic vibe series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by j.kernodle, May 17, 2011.

1. j.kernodle

j.kernodle Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Just thought I'd post something that I thought was very cool. For the second time, I've encountered a classic vibe series bass with a a perfectly quartersawn neck. Fender doesnt even use wood like this on the American deluxe basses. One would have to go all the way to a custom shop series. The use of quartersawn wood in the Squiers seems to be luck of the draw though. The two other CV basses in stock were regular flat sawn maple.

c94b1789.

a44f3c0d.

b349e981.

2. whoa! nice!

3. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    1 out of how many?

4. j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    One out of three. But it's the second I've come across in five or six that have come thru that store that I know of. Like I said it's just luck of the draw I'm sure but cool nonetheless.

5. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Now THAT is interesting. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled from now on.

6. j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    This one was "Crafted in China"

7. Yea, there seemed to be alot of them used on the strats as well. It's something I look for when I'm checking them out.

8. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I know this is an old thread, but I just got a Classic Vibe Jazz in January and, yes, the neck is quartersawn. There is no skunk stripe either. Great budget bass too, BTW.