quaterpound jazz pu

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mobis.fr, Jan 21, 2006.

1. mobis.fr

Jun 2, 2005

well i will order a custom (jazz style) bass in mid feburary, it will have an alder body and a maple neck/fingerbord. and it will also have a 2 band eq from glockenklang. but i dont know which pu i should select. :confused:

i think, when the quaterpound precision pu is "perfect" for rock music, then its the jass pu maybe too.
    the standart pu are delano, but i heared that they are not the best choice for rock/metal music. :eyebrow:

which pu would you suggest? :help:

2. mlove

Jun 12, 2005
    i have a set of 1/4lbs in my american jazz and i couldnt be happier. the are a very hot pick up for a passive insturment so if you are looking for a subtle tone you may want to look at some others. But for rock music i think they are the bees knees
  3. Lewi_wilko

Mar 24, 2004
    What is the slap sound you get out of them like? Ive been thinking of getting some 1/4 pounders but im not sure if the will suit funk well.
  4. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    I love QP's. Compared to my '72 Jazz pickups they are hotter, more bass, and less high treble(8k-12k). They sound very similar to when I had my '72 wired in series. As for slap I think they sound good, but not in a modern Marcus Miller kind of way. That being said, with an on board eq I think you could get about any sound. Great pickups.
  5. mobis.fr

Jun 2, 2005
    i'm a 90% fingerplayer, so slapsound isn't very important for me.

thanks for your respond
    i think i will took the quaters
  6. avenger86

Dec 23, 2004
    Mine should be arriving in the next few days, so I suppose I could give you an opinion then. I'm trading out my Rio Grande pu's, which are great, but for blues, not metal.
  7. danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I've got QP's on my Jazz basses; the fretted one has a Sadowski 2-band pre, and the fretless has an EMG 2-band pre, and I love the sound of both of them.