Queen... back?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kserg, Dec 18, 2004.

1. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
  2. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I don't think anybody's out to replace Freddie, but from what I read, Deacon probably won't be in the lineup.
  3. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    What the Hell, I'll buy the CD.
  4. I am a big queen fan , but without Freddie and John, I dont think the will be as good. Roger is a good drummer and all, and Brian is an excellent guitarist, but Freddie and John were my favorite aspects of the band.
  5. Eric Grossman

Eric Grossman

Nov 3, 2004
    St. Louis
    Endorsing Artist: Hipshot Products and SIT Strings
    Paul Rogers will be doing it, and they will also do some Bad Co. stuff.
  6. _Unregistered_

Nov 3, 2004
    I thought George Michael did a great job singing with them. I love Paul Rodgers, but I can't see him being as good a fit with the band as George was.
  7. odie

odie Supporting Member

Music related.
  8. It sounds ok to me, but i dont think Rodger's bluesy voice will fit in very well with Queens sound.
  9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yeah it's been all over the newspapers here that they will shortly be touring the UK .. I never liked either band so it doesn't bother me one way or the other!! ;)
  10. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    really? i didnt dig George Michael all that much:/

I just really cant imagine queen with out Freddie and posibly John... seems very weird to me...
  11. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I was never a Queen fan but I can't see it or hear it without Freddy M.

I just can't imagine another voice belting out Bohemian Rhapsody. (spelling?)

Sounds like someone needs money to me.
  12. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Bah, they deserve to be given the chance to prove themselves before you guys write them off... Why should the surviving members of Queen, be dead, just because Freddie died.
  13. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

I am not... i'll listen to it... but it still seems weird:) not the getting together part but the other part...
  14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I think the best example is Joy Division and New Order - so when Ian Curtis died, they could have given up or drifted apart, but I don't think it was ever an option to get another person in to sing songs that were so personal ....

So they developed new songs and a new style and carried on being true to themselves.

I think people know whether a band has integrity or whether they're just in it for the money ...?