Queen Live at the Rainbow 74

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Yogi Bear, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    I've been watching the footage from this performance and all I can say is wow! Such an amazing performance from Queen in their prime. Seeing them pull off Bring Back Leroy Brown live, as part of a medley, is truly impressive. It just solidifies, for me, what an unbelievable talent this band was.

steamthief and tangentmusic like this.
  2. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    Yes.
    This is an awesome concert DVD. My favorite era of the band was their first three albums which are showcased here.
    It's been out as a sort of bootleg in years past, of which I have had copies.
    The audio and video quality was spotty at best and poorly edited on those boots.

On the official release shown here, the show is finally put together in its entirety.
    It sounds great for the era and they improved the vid quality as well.
    The bonus tracks filmed earlier that year are a welcome surprise too.
    A must have for the early era Queen fan.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    Yogi Bear likes this.
  3. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Two things that really allowed Queen to shine as a live band, IMO, are Freddie Mercury's ability on piano and Roger Taylor's backing vocals from the drum position. Those skill sets got them a lot closer to being able to cover their complex recorded versions live than other bands.

I've always thought that of all the mega-band bassists from that era, John Deacon actually had the best gig of all of them. Didn't have to play multi instruments, rarely had to sing... mostly just got to play bass and did it incredibly well. He's still one of my 3 or 4 go-to guys for inspiration.

4. rtav

rtav Millionaire Stuntman, Half-Jackalope

Dec 12, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    KILLER PERFORMANCE!

Queen's Christmas Eve 1974 Rainbow show is one of my top 10 concerts I would have LOVED to have been at. Just incredible.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 25, 2021