1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Queen rehearsing "We Are The Champions" - just fantastic

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by rtav, Nov 30, 2018.

1. rtav

rtav Millionaire Stuntman, Half-Jackalope

Dec 12, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Hey TBers!

I stumbled across this INCREDIBLE video of Queen working on "We Are the Champions" in the studio (I saw Queen in concert on the News of the World tour in Nashville) and wanted to share it. If it's been posted already sorry for the duplication.

Notice that John is playing his 70s P Bass (going by headstock slider decal, but I could be wrong) through some sort of head into what appears to be a Peavey 2x15 cab. Those who know the gear better can correct/elucidate.

It is such an amazing video, they make composing multi-platinum arena anthems that endure for decades seem as natural and easy as falling down. It's just amazing.

I hope you enjoy.

JimK likes this.
  2. rtav

rtav Millionaire Stuntman, Half-Jackalope

Dec 12, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    "The whole album was WRITTEN in a week and a half to two weeks." Freddie.

Let's see, in the last two weeks I got the lock on the back door fixed and partied like it was 1999.

JimK likes this.