Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

QUEEN: We Will Rock You

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Harry Lime, Nov 23, 2001.

1. I recently recieved the "QUEEN: We Will Rock You" DVD for my birthday. I have honestly say...that this is the best-looking and best-sounding CONCERT DVD I have ever viewed! And we're talking about a 20-year-old movie! This concert was filmed in Montreal in November of 1981, when Queen was still promoting their 'The Game' LP.

The sound on my disc is in 5.1. But if you are planning on buying it and you have a good set-up make sure you buy the DTS for about $10 bucks more. It has one of the greatest menus I've ever seen too. There is a "Queendom" VIRTUAL tour where you can see places where Queen recorded and lived, etc. There is a Biography, discography, a timeline, trivia game...and last but not least, an AUDIO COMMENTARY! This is the first concert DVD I've seen that added on a commentary. Clearly, whoever was behind this disc put a lot of great effort into it.

Now, for the songs...This was a great line-up of songs...you had your regular favorites like 'Bohemian Rhapsody' and 'Killer Queen.' But there were other songs I had never heard before like 'I'm In Love With My Car' and 'Now, I'm here' that were killer songs!!! You can't go wrong with this disc!

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Sounds like a great DVD. I'm moving this to Recordings.