1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Queens of the Stone Age - Era Vulgaris

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 43% burnt, Jun 10, 2007.

1. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    New QOTSA album drops officially on Tues. June 12th...but you can preview the whole thing on their website.

I'm listening to it now...so far it sounds ok. I'm not really feeling it... I don't know though, hard to say, it usually takes me a few spins to really get into stuff.

Edit: I listened to most of it...There's a few songs on here that are great...and a few that are just weird.

Thoughts?

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I'm Designer, is pretty strange but I dug the other three I listened to. They same to be sticking with their Lullabies sound. To my ears, Lullabies was more akin to their self-titled than Songs For The Deaf.

Is "Make It With Chu" the same song that was on one of the Desert Sessions (I think 9-10) that had PJ Harvey singing backup vocals? Make it With Chu.

3. anesthetist

anesthetist

Nov 25, 2006
    Finland
    im getting the album, the few tracks i've heard have sounded really good. QOTSA albums are usually albums i listen to with my bass plugged in.

4. i have heard 1 or 2 tracks but go with the flow and no one knows are better but i haven't herd the whole album yet

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021