Queensryche + Dream Theater = Comfortabley Numb!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bassist 4 life, Jan 30, 2006.

1. My friend just showed me this, this is awesome! Queensryche and Dream Theater!!Playing Comfortbaly Numb by Pink Floyd:eek: !

Enjoy :bassist:

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Wow. I wish the site could handle the bandwidth. Very respectful to the original, perhaps too much so.
  3. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Is that Jeoff Tate??? Havn't seen him in a while...added a few pounds like me!
  4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    It's not too bad. I never realized just how little soul the singer for Dream Theater has, though.

It pales in comparison to Michael Hedges's version on harp guitar....
  5. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I've had a boot of them doing this for a long while now, but never wanted to shell out the cash for the crappily produced Queensryche DVD it's on.

Nice job IMO, but I'm pretty sure they had to put horse tranquilizer in DT's onstage water to have them play so few notes. And anyone who's seen the 'Ryche live in the past few years must agree that Geoff Tate is absolutely batnuts crazy. ;)
  6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Pffff, this clip just confirms what I've always thought of La Brie, technically a good singer, but no soul, Tate is different.

Must be hard for Petrucci to just strum an A and a D chord :D
  7. basste

Oct 8, 2003
    very cool !! thanks for share !!! :hyper:
  8. Agreed, LaBrie had nothing there. And I also agree that MOST things pale in comparison to what Michael Hedges did. I thought Tate sounded good.
  9. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    My girlfriend's response: "That's not Geoff Tate--that's Geoff Tate's dad!"