Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Quest For Another Nice 7 Ends With...Hanewinckel!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boogiebass, Jan 25, 2003.

1. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Through a turn of very good luck and a sweet cat in Phoenix, I managed to grab the Artist Fusion 7 pictured below. This one is still on the website at bassalone.com and I guess they call the color "azure." It's blue/green, basically. Nice top end snap with sweet sounding passive/active option and three-way mid toggle. This one has the slap tone I could never quite get out of my Roscoe. I'm keeping the Roscoe. But this one is gonna see a lotta work, I think! 34" scale, too but the B is really massive, almost as good as the Roscoe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Congratulations! I always liked that one. Pete sent me a pic of that one a few months ago:

[​IMG]

Pretty sweet!

- Dave

3. BTBbassist

BTBbassist join us for mankala hour!

Apr 20, 2002
    Westlake Village, CA
    Sweet...that body design makes that 7 look pretty sleek. I'm a sucker for blue dye too... :D

Enjoy!

4. WOW!
    What an awesome looking bass.. I love that finish.. The maple fingerboard and the inlay match really nice on the picture Dave G. posted.

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks for the pic, Dave! Can't wait to gig with it next Friday night. I really like the neck profile, too. Very fast and perfect string spacing.

6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  7. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    AWESOME! Good choice, boogie bass.

How many hanewinckel owners are there on the board now? you, dave, gershel, me...

8. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Ahem...[cough]

I tell ya, I don't get no respect.

BoogieB...Nice! I can only imagine how thrilled you are. And you get to gig with it right away. That's seriously cool.

Peace,

James (the forgotten Hanewinckel owner):( ;)

9. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Personally, I've always found the Arpeggio body style more appealing.

10. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    sCHAWWEETT!! - congrats , boogie!! thats beautiful!!- peace, A.

11. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks, man. I'm more than happy to join the club! :D This may not be my last one, either.

12. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Naw, man, I remembered you had one! Anyway, yeah, it's cool I don't have to wait too long to hear what it can do in the "real" world on a gig.

13. Ahem...[cough]

I tell ya, I don't get no respect.

BoogieB...Nice! I can only imagine how thrilled you are. And you get to gig with it right away. That's seriously cool.

Peace,

James (the forgotten Hanewinckel owner)

malthumb, that's because we all know you as an Alembic guy :)

14. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  15. NO! You can't do this to me, it's torture :p. Congrats on the bass, it's amazing. Any chance we could get some sound clips???

16. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Since I'm gigging all the time these days, I don't seem to find much time to record anything. I'll have to see what I can do, however.

17. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    sweet looking bass! that fingerboard is godly.

the one thing that bugs me is the brown headstock though. i think either blue, maple, or black would have been lots nicer. oh well, it still rocks :)

18. I really wish I could find a Hanewinckel near me to try.:( Nice bass!

19. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Well, actually that "brown" headstock is a killer rosewood cap, front and back. The pics don't do it justice. You might change your mind in person.

20. Beautiful bass . . .

but what would I do with all those strings? And my little hands would have to far to walk on that aircraft carrier style fretboard.

Still, I'd buy it just because it's a work of art.

Peace!