Questio For The Youngsters.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, May 21, 2004.

1. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    This morning they found about 150 vandalized school buses. Broken windows, slashed tires, etc. They said that it was a "senior prank". I realize that there is a generational gap, but when I was in school, our prank included shaving cream, eggs, and toilet paper. Nothing damaging, unless it rained on the toilet paper! :eek: When did it become a "prank" to smash windows, knife tires, and key paint jobs? That's not a prank, that's a crime!
  2. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I'm not sure, but it could be that pranks are getting nastier now as an example of the fact that people are trash and that, as the human race goes along, it just gets worse. :)
  3. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    1t off, I aint no young-un... but my guess would be braggin rights....or mom didn't pay much attention to her punk kid/s.
  4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    We did things like light fireworks in the cafeteria, stuff a giant fish (i forget what it was, maybe a sturgeon? we all loved Primus after all) into someones locker and super glue it shut, that sort of prank. We would never have smashed up our school buses though. As a point of reference, I'm 31 now.
  5. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I'm only 21....but kids today are crazy, even when i was in high school we didn't do these kinds of things
  6. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    The Senior Prank here involved lighting garbage cans on fire... And many people were arrested for that even.
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    In the past few years the senior pranks at my local high school(s) havent been damaging. They are usually just humerous/annoying,annd usually something that will get everyone the day off. An example is that they realized 4 pigs into the school grounds, with numbers drawn on them. They were labeled something like 1, 2, 3, 5. Needless to say the administrators etc kept looking for the "4". I wasnt in the school at the time so this is what i hear, but thats basicaly the idea.
  8. oh man. i graduated in 94. small town. my senior year had:

1-someone put a hand gernade in a locker. late, late, LATE at night. it was the locker next to mine. lost all my books, and a sandwich.

2-someone lobbed the head off of the school mascot. it was one of those chainsaw sculptures you see in the country. big bear thing. i kinda laughed, cause they stapled a picture of the head to the neck hole.

3-have you ever seen one of those water balloon launchers? the three man deals? have you ever loaded one with raw hamburger and shot it 400 yards? holy crap. that meat can fly.

4-the two high schools in town took turns spray painting entire buildings at the other school the wrong school colors.

5-(this one cracks me up) one day, one of my classmates comes driving into school in the middle of lunch... three or four hours late. he drives his truck right up onto the quad in front of god and everyone. he falls out of the truck with half a bottle of whiskey in his hand. behind his truck, a cop car pulls up. good timing right? guy gets arrested, and humiliated right there in the middle of lunch. tow truck comes, and hauls off his pickup. after that, the faculty calls an emergency student get together in the gym. so, we're all sitting there, rumors are spreading.... in walks the cop and the "drunk" guy.
    the teachers got together with this kid, and staged the whole thing to scare the students out of drinking and driving.

what's my point? i don't know. the last one doesn't have a point. just kinda funny. the first examples proove that kids always have been, and always will be complete asshats to varying degrees.
  9. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I think it depends on the class. I've heard of senior pranks in the past that have been completely vicious. By comparison, the more recent ones are really tame.

Some of the kids in my class stole this big blue cow that was in front of a shop (it was a porcelein cow, and it's a long story about why this is funny). Then they decorated it and gave it back to the store. A lot of people got their panties in a twist over that. But I've seen worse.
  10. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
  11. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    We carried a VW bug, sans engine, onto the roof of the gym.
  12. we stuffed my friend dave's yugo in between a couple of cement pillars, forcing him to make an 80 point turn to get it out.
  13. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Haha :D Thats great. Never heard of an 80 point turn :D .

I am guilty of cutting a few donuts in the parking lot the evening that I graduated. Nothing seriously damaging to school property though.

My teacher told me a story of when she was in school, where the football team would regularly put her Beatle on the stone guards at the end of parking spaces.
  14. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Our seniors are usually too drunk for the last 3 months of school to do anything (most of them are 18 by then, the legal drinking age here).
  15. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    That rocks!
  16. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    yeah, the seniors at my high school did a lot of vandalizing with spray paint and bats wednesday night... just stupid if you ask me. of course they went and bragged to bunches of people and then the principle of our school offered a $500 reward to the first person to turn them in. i love irony.

when im a senior (just ended my sophmore year) im going to do a lot of minor pranks throughout the whole year and just not tell anyone so i won't get caught. one idea is to call a pizza place and have them deliver about 10 pizzas every night to my principles house. but ill stop if i think its too mean.
  17. Well, think that the main reason that youth are so much more violent than they really should be is due to several different factors. For example, being ahead of those who have done certain "not good" things, they feel it is there right to 'one-up' the previous generation. Secondly, due to the graphic horror that is entertainment; radio(music), TV, internet, movies, ect. People are less used to doing something kind of bad, as doing something really bad. And thirdly, as children are maturing at different rates, and all the wonders of modern drugs 'legit and non' it all influences the extreme hormonal discharge of youth that can cause a fatal brew.

Add this and the constant need to be 'kewl' by others puts a lot of peer pressure on youth. That and trying to impress females in order to...well, you know. Which also ties into the raging hormones thing.
  18. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I try to pull a prank on my best friend this week. I tried to make him belive the girl he likes is gay. Didn't work.
  19. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    yeah, im 16 and im not really worried about being cool, nor am i concerned with sex... nothing in high school is that important
  20. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Zultan, your sig rules!