Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question about 2 input jacks

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by z4knerd, Dec 5, 2004.

1. z4knerd

z4knerd

Jul 1, 2004
    I have a HARTKE B30 combo amp and on hte back of it, theres 2 input jacks labeled "effects loop" and one is labeled "amp in" and the other is "preamp out". I am not sure what they do - can anyone help me out understanding this? :x

2. I would say that the effects loop could be used for a tuner send. The amp in would be for plugging into the amp and the preamp out would be a send to an additional power amp so that you could power more cabs using the tone of the combo.

These are all guesses, so I would find a manual for the combo and get real answers.

EDIT: According to B300 combo (i know yours is B30), the preamp out goes to an effects pedal/processor and then you plug the signal from the effects and plug it back into the AMP in.
    So my guess would be the effects send goes to effects and then you plug it back into the amp in. And i think both the preamp out and effect send could be used for tuners.