1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about 5 string

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by happychicken, May 28, 2012.

1. happychicken

happychicken

Jan 24, 2012
    I am looking at getting a lakland 5 string. I play through a mark bass lm-3 and a eden nemesis 210 and 115. Am i going to blow the 210 up if i play a 5 string. Or put another way will the low b frequencies be too much for my 210 cab to handle?

2. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    No, I use an Eden 2x10 XST. Although it is optimized for 30 Hz, lowB
    your cab should do fine. Go easy on the EQ for bottom range.
    I have pumped my active Tobias 5 thru a single 15 ( Bag End ) and never
    has any issues.
    Get ready for a whole new world of low notes. It's a blast.
    The first time I ended a tune on a low C I was in bass heaven.

3. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    Basically what lenny said. Don't goose the low end so much. Low mids are awesome.

Remember that the low B isn't just for notes below E. Sometimes, you just gotta have a fatter sounding F or G (or higher or whatever) and the low B string is perfect for that. Remember there's all sorts of other notes on the low B string..fatter sounding versions of them.

4. No problem at all. I tune my low B down to an A and it plays fine through my GK 410. Even on the open A. I don't tend to crank the super thump bass frequencies though.

5. FleadomFighter

FleadomFighter

May 27, 2012
    +1 to all so far particularly the post about it not all being about notes below E. Your cab will be fine, just watch your EQ and prepare to fall in love with your new fatter sound! On a side note, I've only just returned to this forum after a few years off so I can't be sure but this doesn't seem like the right board for this thread?

6. happychicken

happychicken

Jan 24, 2012
    Yeah sorry if i put this in the wrong place but thanks much for info everybody for input... Now it's time to see to the low b