Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question about a Bass im Purchasing

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HRC Matt, Oct 5, 2004.

1. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    http://www.craigslist.org/eby/msg/44513260.html

what do you guys think? is it worth it. I think i talked him down to $200 (including shipping). i know these korean are pretty much the same as today's mexican standard. $200 sounds so tempting...its either this or i can buy a New Fender Rack Tuner and Furman Power conditioner.

2. Well, let's see.
    He types in all caps, which many consider rude, can't spell and so makes it obvious he cares little about the ad with which he's trying to sell his bass, tells you wonderful things about the playability and sound of a line of instruments usually seen as lagging behind competitors in their price range, perhaps even suggesting "vintage" seven-year-old Squires are better and is asking an amount you said you talked him down to.
    I think you should go for it, but send cash in an envelope. Don't bother with a money order.

3. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    I thought he just said the colour was "Vintage Cream".

4. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    seems like a very good deal. That's about what you would pay for a p-bass thats 7 years old
    I say go for it

5. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Here is my take. Squire P basses of this age sell for $100 - $150 on eBay. I would offer him $125 shipped and walk away if he doesn't like it.