question about a pedal board.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by slapinandpopin7, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Im trying to find a way to make my pedal board have "2 channels", but still use the effects loop on the head. if this works im gonna end up getting a chorus pedal and another boss geb 7. i want one channel to have a boss geb7 and the chorus pedal(clean), and the other channel to have another geb 7 and a bass overdrive(overdrive). so basicaly i would turn all of them on, and have on switch to switch between the clean and overdrive channels. is this possible? what would i need to buy to be able to do it, i was thinking an A/B box but im not quite sure.

thanks in advance,
  2. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    You wouldn't need 2 GEB-7's. Just go Bass -> GEB-7 -> A/B Box -> A=Overdrive, B=Chorus -> Amp.

Well I think that's what you mean? Unless you want different settings on ther GEB-7, then that should work.

EDIT: Oh, in the FX loop. In that case, Bass -> Amp. Effects Loop Send -> GEB-7 -> A/B Box -> A=Overdrive, B=Chorus -> Effects Loop Return.
  3. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Apart from that would give you two signal A and B

You need either a Boss LS-2 or a Loooper ( these units give you multiple effect loops that you can switch between or bypass in one stomp

Hope this helps
  4. Thanks, one question: if the chorus is the thing that goes to the effects return, then if i was on the overdrive channel how would that signal go back to the amp? and i was going to use 2 geb7s for a eq thing in each channel.
  5. woah those looopers are awsome, the arrows and output things at the top are for like a mini effects loop pretty much, right? not quite sure i never have heard of them before

thanks alot,
  6. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Yeah, the looopers are great things. Me wanty, but no money.
  7. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Ah yes, see what you mean. I'm confused lol, I don't have experience in this matter, it was just theoretical. Guess I didn't think it through enough :p
  8. yea its wicked confusing, but those loooper things work out that problem, thanks for your help

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yep. Looopers are cool. I have a two loooper, with an extra input on one of the loops so that I can blend direct signal with distortion, and get screaming distortion while keeping my lows.

I am getting ready to order a mini A/B so that I can ditch my huge Morley A/B/Y box.

10. hervetlse

Jan 25, 2002
    france toulouse
    Embellisher, are you happy with your dod fx75c stereo flanger, as i have an eye on one? In harmony-central, there's almost very good reviews and many people say that with this little box you have of course a flanger but a chorus and a phaser all together and a wide range of sounds, is it your impression?
  11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The effect is pretty subtle on bass, unless you put an overdrive or distortion unit in front of it to drive it.

I only use it for a couple of songs, and both also require distortion, and it does the job very well.

There are probably better flangers out there designed for bass, but I haven't had any reason to replace it.