Question About a Tube Works Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HiFi, Mar 30, 2005.

1. HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    I just got a Tube Works 100 W MosValve combo amp. It's a kickin' little amp, although I'm not sure I'm going to keep it because I don't really need it.

What I was wondering is if anyone can tell me the quality of these amps, if they've ever owned one and what they thought, and maybe also what I might expect to sell such an amp for (if I decide not to keep it).

Some more information for ID purposes:
    Input and Headphone outs
    Volume/Hi/Mid/Lo controls

It also appears that the head can be separated from the cabinet, which is a nice option to have.

Any help is appreciated.
  2. I've always thought of Genz Benz as producing really good products that never quite develop the cachet of other makers. As a result, I think you get a lot of bang for your buck.
  3. HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    Year of manufacture is 1996 if that makes any difference.
  4. SubMonkey

May 3, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I don't know which amp specifically you have, but the owners manuals are avilable here.

Maybe that'll help you identify it...

FWIW I am currently using a TubeWorks model 3300 rackmount head with a matching 4x10 cab, It's a tube pre/MosFet power hybrid of early-mid 90's manufacture.

I no trouble getting "my" tone from it. It's got some nice routing options, and has held up like a champ for about 10+ years of fairly solid club gigs... my only beef might be that it's a little under powered for larger rooms....

I have another head on order (from LowDownSound, thanks again guys) and even if the new head turns out to be the "Holy Tone Grail". I don't think I'd sell my 3300...

TubeWorks stuff doesn't seem to go for much on E-bay. (last model 3300 I saw went for $275-ish, a steal, IMHO)

5. HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    Thanks SubMonkey...I'll have a look.