Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question about a warwick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderboy, Oct 6, 2002.

1. fenderboy

fenderboy

Jun 21, 2002
    Hey im just wondering which 4 string warwick has humbucker pickups in it.

2. fenderboy

fenderboy

Jun 21, 2002
    i already checked there im looking for a standard one because, i saw someone playing one it was standard cause i saw the bridge was just the standard kind but it had humbuckers.

3. they ALL have humbuckers.. duh :p

4. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    fna

5. Sahbiot

Sahbiot

Aug 28, 2002
    Australia, Sydney
    I know this, i did extensive research once to find out more about these warwick streamer standards...apparently you can't get them in shops because they are discontinued, but im sure if you give your warwick distributor a call they could find one for you or even have one in stock. Thats what i did... and they found me one but only with a single soap bar pickup(massive humbucker). it comes with dual or single pickup... and also five or four string.

it looks like this yeah mate? http://www.warwickbass.com/auction/

6. I'm not quite sure that I follow, but if you by "standard bridge" mean "one piece", which is what most basses come equipped with (think Fender) you're probably looking for a dual pickup Streamer Standard. These are now discontinued under the Warwick name, but there are similar ones made in China, from different woods, with an ugly RockBass logotype all over the headstock.
    If you by "standard bridge" mean "two piece" - which is what most Warwicks have, and thus makes it a standard for that particualar brand - it could have been any model, as long as it had five, or more, strings. All of these are humbucker equipped. When it comes to four stringers, no models come with dual humbuckers anymore, IIRC. But please correct me if I'm wrong, with solid proof. Nudge, nudge, mr AllodoX. ;)

Edit: Sorry Sahbiot, I'm such a skow typer...

7. Sahbiot

Sahbiot

Aug 28, 2002
    Australia, Sydney
    don't sweat it mate.

by the way the standard was the first warwick i ever tired, and i don't think it was standard. It came with the brass frets, wenge fingerboard, just-a-nut, and the body carolena apparently feels tough and sound good, just like other warwicks.

go da warwicks! may they produce even better basses in the near future!