Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question about Aguilar speaker cabs.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zombywoof5050, Sep 14, 2002.

1. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I was just comparing the specs of the different Aguilar speaker cabinets and noticed they state that the GS112 and GS212 use 7-ply Phillipine Mahogany and they do not state that in their other cabinets' specs.

Does anyone know if they use a different kind of wood for their other cabinets?
    If so, what wood are the other cabs made out of?
    Also, why would they only use the 7-ply Phillipine Mahogany on their 12" cabinets and not the others?

I have e-mailed them with these questions and will give their answers when I get them, but I wanted to know if anyone here knew anything about this.

Thanks for any helpful info.

2. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    I have their catalog and it says, " All GS sries cabinets feature cast frame drivers, phenolic tweeters with integral phase plug, variable tweeter level control,Neutrik speak-on and quarter inch inputs, 7 ply void-free Philippine mahogany construction and interlocking corners."

3. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    It's confusing when they list it in some specs and leave it out of the others.
    Thanks again!