1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

question about an englehart

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by someguy0105, Jul 21, 2007.

1. So at the local music shop i noticed today when picking up my new BG i noticed a 3/4 bass behind the counter. I asked about it and they said it was an englehart M-5 then when they fixed it up a little they would sell for 250-300. My question: Is it a great deal?
    T.I.A

2. . . . Englehart Models begin with the letter E & I could not find a EM-5 on their website.

Kay (purchased by Englehart) made a M-5 3/4 bass which was a 5-string . . .

3. damonsmith

damonsmith

May 10, 2006
    Quincy, MA
    Sounds like a really good deal, but not a good bass.

4. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    Certainly not what one would call a fine bass even in the best of cases. It is likely a good deal for what it is but without more info, this really can't be judged. For all we know, the neck could be cracked. Pictures and more description would be helpful.

5. jaff

jaff

Jun 7, 2006
    Arizona
    I bought an M-1 from Bob Golihur.com for about 1 k. My luthier did a great job of setting it up I've been told by my 2 teachers...and they both say that someday I have to get serious about a decent bass. It has a rosewood fingerboard and is pretty easy to play but if I knew then what I know now, I would have invested more especially since I study classical and jazz. I've since played on some good carved basses and the difference is sobering. The day is coming...
    when my main teacher and I will go shopping..