Question about ARAM basses.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by silvermaneZ, Dec 3, 2000.

1. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Hey folks. I was in Houston, TX a couple of weeks ago, and went to a store where I was playing a whole bunch of different 5 strings seeing if they had anything I liked better than my current Ibanez 6. The last one the salesman pulled off the rack was an ARAM bass. I played the thing through a Fender Bassman 100 with all flat EQ's and was absolutly floored. The sound of this bass was a wonderful combination of deep lows and crystal clear clarity. The B string was the cleanest, deepest sounding I have ever heard. It sounded better than any Warwick, MTD, Modulus, Pedulla, or other high end 6 that I have played.

The bass was a natural wood neck through with kind of a skinny neck, like an Ibanez SDGR. However, the finish was a trip. It looked like someone had melted about three layers of clear candle wax over the whole thing and let it dry. Very strange looking, but the neck felt fine and played fine.

I looked the company up on the web, and they have a site with very little information. The salesguy said they were a small manufacturer out of Nashville, Tenn. I tried to email the company about their stuff but got no response.

OK, now that you have suffered through all that, here is my question. Does anyone have any real world experience with these basses? Played one over time? Owned one? Abused one? Know someone in the company? Any help would be appreciated. When I played that five it grabbed me so hard that if there had been a 6 there I was ready to buy it on the spot.