1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about Avatar cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pjh2112, Mar 27, 2009.

1. pjh2112

pjh2112

Jan 28, 2009
    Georgia
    I am eventually going to upgrade my rig and I am trying to learn as much about my options as possible. How are Avatar cabs, I've heard good things about them. I am interested in a 212 and a 410. Not together but one or the other. I'm thinking about getting this and a LMII. I have a passive j bass and a warrior with active EMG's. Advice?

2. What's your current rig consist of?

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Do a search here using the word "Avatar".

No need to wait for replies to this thread. Its already been done 1,000,000,000,000 times.

4. butchblack

butchblack Life is short. Do good. Find and do what you love.

Jan 25, 2007
    Waltham Massachusetts
    Hi

Both should work well. The 410 might be a tad deeper the 212 a tad louder. Unless you need the extra oomph I'd go with 8Ω cabs as opposed to 4Ω so if you wanted to add a second cab later on you'd be able to. The LMII/Avatar combo seems to be popular on TB so you should be able to get some hands on feedback.

5. Dude's just looking for a little more confirmation. Relax. And you know, things change. Maybe he just wants a current read from users.

Personally I really like my Avatars (112 and 210). Light weight, great sound. At first it felt super light, but then it started getting heavier and heavier. Then I had to haul this big Crate powered monitor to a gig or two and suddenly my Avatar got light again. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. Someone should tell Einstein his theory of relativity applies to bass cabs ;)

6. panaran

panaran

Dec 1, 2008
    I gig my Avatar b410 at small-medium venue's and it worked work great. very well made. I just picked up a 212 cab to pair it with. We dont have a gig lined up until My 30th tho so i cant tell you for sure how the two sound together on stage, but I think itll be great.

IMO, Avatars may not be "as good" as the top of the line expensive cabs, but they sound great and are MORE than worth the price.

Great customer service too. I always thought it was cool when I called Avatar and put in my order over the phone and the guy taking my order finished the convo by saying "Sounds good, I will go make that for right and have it shipped out as soon as I'm done with it"

7. Big John66

Big John66

Feb 12, 2008
    I've been using a LMII and Avatar 4x10 neo for about a month now. I added a recessed handle on the top of the cab and find it pretty easy to grab one handed to take up a few steps if needed. I also put some caters on for added ease of moving. I can make one trip from the van to the stage. On top of that, this rig sounds good and goes loud!. I won't be getting rid of my vintage SVT soon but I don't miss lugging it to and from gigs. YMMV and all that jazz.