Question about avatar sb112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xb100, Apr 26, 2005.

1. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Well i just got word that i might be getting one for my birthday in june. I'd be hooking it up to my tnt115, and my question is if it would be able to sound/produce a decent amount of volume with just 50 watts. I looked at the owners manual, and it says that the internal speaker runs at 150watts and that if you plug a 4 ohm cab it will go up to 200watts.

I did do a search but just found info about avatar's cabs that i already know of.

Also i played through my combo at the store and asked the guy if he could plug in a 410, so he pluged in a peavey 410 bass cab and it sounded good.

I'm just asking to see if anyone has information they could give me.

I would also be using the 112 for my rig that i'm going to put together in the future.

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    The SB112 comes in both 8 and 4 ohm if you're internal speaker is an 8, you'd run both at 4 in parallel. It's a nice little cab with pretty big sound...anyway, your amp wouldn't 'split' watts like would 'share' @ 200 watts, you'd get 100 per speaker, and it would definitely be louder than your current rig.

The cab is rated around 500 watts, so you'd be a bit underpowered, but as long as you didn't crank the amp and make it clip/distort then you'd be OK.
  3. The TNT has a 4-ohm internal speaker. With a 4-ohm extension cab, it'll put out 200W at 2 ohms. The internal speaker and the extension cab would each get 100W. You'd definitely get decent volume. With an 8-ohm extension cab, you'd get a little less power output, and the internal speaker would get more power than the extension.
  4. jpo259

Feb 2, 2005
    Corona, CA
    The SB112 is a great cab. to use with others. And to use by itself. I got one to use by itself in my small Irish Pub gigs. And I use it with my Avatar B210 also. Together, they make an excellent stack. NOW HEAR THIS: BOTH of my cabs now have the crossover mod. mentioned in this forum. Do a search for it. I made two 4th Order Linkwitz-Riley crossovers' with top-notch components for the horns' in each cab, and the cabs now sound like top-dollar cabs (I know-I own two Aguilar GS-212s'). Using just the 112, I have had great results with it in small-ish clubs. Good low end, and, with the crossover mod., GREAT presence.

Now, having both the 112 and 210, I can use either one with one of my Aggie 212's with excellent results, too. OK. Now I'm rambling. More to the point" The 112 is an excellent cab. ESPECIALLY for $199.00 + shipping. Contact LoveThatBass and get yourself a $35.00 crossover (Don't quote me on that price!! :) ) and you will have a great cab. to compliment any combo you have, and any combo you may have in the future. Here, have a look-see!!!: