Question about avatar sb112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xb100, Apr 26, 2005.

1. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Well i just got word that i might be getting one for my birthday in june. I'd be hooking it up to my tnt115, and my question is if it would be able to sound/produce a decent amount of volume with just 50 watts. I looked at the owners manual, and it says that the internal speaker runs at 150watts and that if you plug a 4 ohm cab it will go up to 200watts.

I did do a search but just found info about avatar's cabs that i already know of.

Also i played through my combo at the store and asked the guy if he could plug in a 410, so he pluged in a peavey 410 bass cab and it sounded good.

I'm just asking to see if anyone has information they could give me.

I would also be using the 112 for my rig that i'm going to put together in the future.

Thanks

-Rob

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    The SB112 comes in both 8 and 4 ohm versions...so if you're internal speaker is an 8, you'd run both at 4 in parallel. It's a nice little cab with pretty big sound...anyway, your amp wouldn't 'split' watts like that...it would 'share' them...so @ 200 watts, you'd get 100 per speaker, and it would definitely be louder than your current rig.

The cab is rated around 500 watts, so you'd be a bit underpowered, but as long as you didn't crank the amp and make it clip/distort then you'd be OK.

3. The TNT has a 4-ohm internal speaker. With a 4-ohm extension cab, it'll put out 200W at 2 ohms. The internal speaker and the extension cab would each get 100W. You'd definitely get decent volume. With an 8-ohm extension cab, you'd get a little less power output, and the internal speaker would get more power than the extension.

4. jpo259

jpo259

Feb 2, 2005
    Corona, CA
    The SB112 is a great cab. to use with others. And to use by itself. I got one to use by itself in my small Irish Pub gigs. And I use it with my Avatar B210 also. Together, they make an excellent stack. NOW HEAR THIS: BOTH of my cabs now have the crossover mod. mentioned in this forum. Do a search for it. I made two 4th Order Linkwitz-Riley crossovers' with top-notch components for the horns' in each cab, and the cabs now sound like top-dollar cabs (I know-I own two Aguilar GS-212s'). Using just the 112, I have had great results with it in small-ish clubs. Good low end, and, with the crossover mod., GREAT presence.

Now, having both the 112 and 210, I can use either one with one of my Aggie 212's with excellent results, too. OK. Now I'm rambling. More to the point" The 112 is an excellent cab. ESPECIALLY for $199.00 + shipping. Contact LoveThatBass and get yourself a $35.00 crossover (Don't quote me on that price!! :) ) and you will have a great cab. to compliment any combo you have, and any combo you may have in the future. Here, have a look-see!!!:

[​IMG]