1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question about Badass II and Fender Replacement body

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dave, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Ok, for my senior project, my physical product is going to be a bass that I built. What Im wanting to do is get a Fender Replacement body, like this. Would a Badass II fit this body with no modification? I have never had a Fender, or looked at parts for it. It appears that there are 5 screw-holes for the bridge. The BA II has 5 screws, so I assume that you just screw it in, but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks
    Dave

2. The Badass II is a direct replacement for a stock Fender bridge.
    There might be a slight variance, so put in the middle screw first and then work your way outwards - and don't tighten them all down until they are all in! :)

3. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    A Badass II is a direct replacement for a Fender as is a Gotoh. The Gotoh is a bit shorter than the Badass.

4. Thanks guys.

Dave

5. Ive been looking at pictures of BAII bridges, and I dont see any slots in the saddles for the strings to rest in. Is this just a bad pic, or do you have to do that yourself?

Thanks

6. You need to file slots yourself. Search you should find a thread floating around about it somewhere.

7. Gotcha. Are all Gotoh bridges Fender replacements with 5 screws?

8. Whacked

Whacked

Sep 21, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    the BA3 has slots and from what I can tell, also a direct replacement for stock Fender

9. M5Yates

M5Yates

Feb 7, 2005
    Austin, TX
    You want the Gotoh 201. It's about $30 from Warmoth.

[​IMG]

10. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    IMHO, I would go with the Gotoh, especially if you're uncomfortable with filing the string slots.

11. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Gotoh stuff is awesome. I've got a Gotoh 206, which is just a beast in itself (masswise, I guess)...