Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

question about bass monitor 210 wedge....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cb56, Apr 23, 2002.

1. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    This was posted on another board and I was wondering if there is any truth to this since I have been using this type of set up for awhile.

hmmmm. i've been doing that for quite some time now and haven't noticed a problem. Not saying it doesn't happen just that I haven't noticed it. I though bass notes weren't that directional anyway they kind of spread out in all directions. I use an Ampeg 610hlf behind me and the Carvin 210 wedge in front of me. sometimes I put the Carvin 210 off to the side depending on the stage setup and haven't noticed any difference. how did you find this out. Since I have this set up I would be willing to try different placements of the 210 cab out and see what happens.

What do you think?

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I've got an Eden 210 MBX wedge, and like yourself I've used it in various positions depending on the stage area available and how things are set up. Never had a problem hearing myself, no weird cancellations or phasing problems, just a nice full tone that I can hear very well! (which of course is WHY I got the thing! :D)

3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Thanks Gard,
    I think I'll just carry on as usual.

4. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

I think the post is referring to using a bass monitor and a standard rig on the same stage. If you are using both and they face each other, you will get phase problems especially with the lower frequencies.

5. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    What the point of using the monitor if you face it towards the audience?????? You dont want the audience to monitor your sound do you now???

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    This is precisely what I do, and it works just fine. No phase problems.

7. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Yes that's what I am doing. rig behind me and 210 wedge with bass only in front of me up by my microphone stand. Played a gig last night on a small stage so I put it off to my left side. Didn't notice any difference although I did like it ther for some reason. Maybe because it aimed some of my bass towards the band like a side fill.