1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question about batteries for fender Victor Bailey bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Reinholds, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Reinholds

Reinholds

Jun 26, 2006
    Hi!
    I just now get my new Fender Victor Bailey Jazz bass 5-string and there is 2 V9 batteries in it but I'll have a gig soon so how fast does it takes to empty them up! Like month or more? :help:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    A long long time. I replaced my batteries every six months when re-setting the clocks for daylight savings time.

As long as you unplug your bass when not using it, it'll be fine.

3. Reinholds

Reinholds

Jun 26, 2006
    So if I don't foget to unplug it it should work for some month? is it right?

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yes.

5. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    The batteries in my Victor Bailey are original, I bought the bass new in 2003! :)

6. Basseroni

Basseroni

Oct 17, 2006
    Southern California
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Dunlop/MXR
    :eek: ORIGINAL???? From 2003??? How often do you play that thing?

7. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I own 11 other basses so it stays in it's case most of the time (trying to keep it in pristine condition). I take it out only when I wanna hear "that" bass. I don't worry about dead batteries and giging because I alway's carry new batteries in my carry bag (you knows extra strings, wrenches, cords, tuners type stuff). I also keep a stock of Duracel "ultrelife" batteries at home. :D

8. Ibanezzer

Ibanezzer

Aug 12, 2004
    Dayton, Ohio
    I've got an active Ibanez (BTB) bass which also has n 18v pre (2 x 9v batts), I get about 3-4 months out of the batteries on it. Though I usually have to replace it only after forgetting to unplug it a few times.

9. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I only leave active basses plugged in while I playing them, When I'm done I take the plug out!

10. Reinholds

Reinholds

Jun 26, 2006
    So if my bass is 1 month old I can go to gig with out new batteries? TNX
    P.S.
    I suggest everyone to try out Fender Victor Bailey 5 string bass - perfect!

11. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Dont be mean dude... buy 2 extra batteries and take them with you c'mon, if you run out of batt just ask for 3 misserable minutes (less than 1 if you have quick access battery boxes) and put the new ones on... and believe me you will notice youre running aout of batt before they are totally dry.

12. eleef

eleef

Dec 26, 2005
    Oslo, Norway
    Buy two sets of batteries, and take them with you everywhere you bring the bass.
    You know, it's better to be safe than sorry! ;)

13. Reinholds

Reinholds

Jun 26, 2006
    Ok TNX you all :D

14. Basseroni

Basseroni

Oct 17, 2006
    Southern California
    I REALLY wish I could. I went to almost every music store in Los Angeles last week and could not find a Victor Bailey 5 anywhere. I just ordered one "blind" from bass central.

:cool:

15. Basseroni

Basseroni

Oct 17, 2006
    Southern California
    I REALLY wish I could. I went to almost every music store in Los Angeles last week and could not find a Victor Bailey 5 anywhere. I just ordered one "blind" from Bass Central.

:cool: