Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

question about certain elderly.com

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by otomak, Mar 23, 2003.

1. otomak

otomak

Aug 23, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hi, I didnt know where to post this thread, hope its in the right place.

I was wondering if anyone has done any business with elderly.com. I was looking through their used section and saw some things I was interested in. I've emailed them about the items and it's been couple of days now, but have yet to receive any reply.

Hows their reputation/service? Are they reliable? I just wanted to make sure about them, just in case.

Mak

2. I've bought quite a few high priced items from them and have always been happy with their service and prices.

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    That's odd that you haven't heard back from them yet. Elderly's is one of the most respected stores in the world for vintage instruments. Buying from them shouldn't be a problem at all. However, a friend of mine sent a guitar up there to consign, and they told him it needed about $800 worth of work before they would sell it, work which MANY other dealers, including George Gruhn, all agreed it didn't need.
    I guess to summarize:
    Buying good, selling bad.

4. otomak

otomak

Aug 23, 2002
    Los Angeles
    thanks for the replies

Hm, its been almost 5 days now, maybe I'll email them again.

Mak