1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question about Customs and Passports..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Aug 13, 2007.

1. My mom and dad a relative from Greece staying with them for a while.. She has her passport and US Visa.. My parents want to take her to Canada to visit some relatives up there.

Can she get into Canada with her passport and US Visa?

Will she have any trouble getting back into the states?

2. I am not sure how qualified I am to answer this question, but I just went to Canada two weeks ago and all they needed to see for me to get through Canadian Customs and then back into the US was simply my Passport request. I did not even have my actually passport yet, just the printed receipt of the request. They also wanted photo ID in which case I used my drivers license.

I was astonished that they didn't even need to see my Birth Certificate which I also brought with me.

3. Yeah, last time I went to Toronto I was surprised how "uninterested" they were. But, one time, a buddy and I were going to Windsor to gamble. It was hell trying to get through. I was practically interrogated for over an hour while they went through my whole car. Asked me a load of stupid questions and they were VERY VERY rude and condescending to me.

I dont know what my relative will need, though, being a citizen of Greece, staying in the US, visiting Canada.

4. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Banned

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    They will need the Greek passport and US visa to both enter Canada and re-enter the US.

5. ok, so Canada will take the US Visa then?

6. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Banned

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    They're entering Canada via a US/Canadian Port of Entry. So, they'll need some proof of being in the US legally. Same thing coming back.

7. Ahh.. Ok, cool.. So, she'll be fine then..

Thanks!