1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about Dean Bromberg piezo pickups

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BobWestbrook, Jun 11, 2007.

1. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    I recently acquired a Dean Bromberg B2 bass (a great bass!)

Two questions:

(1) how are the piezo pickup levels controlled? I can't figure out the controls?

(2) after replacing the strings with Fender 9120 tapewound, all the piezos don't seem to be responding the same, but I can't tell if it's because of the strings themselves, or because of how I may have changed the control settings

2. perfektspace6

perfektspace6

May 9, 2006
    Texas
    I don't know for sure but I'm guessing your Dean Bromberg is set up similarly to my Peavey B Quad. If so check out this link for info about adjusting the piezo's.

http://caboose.hypermart.net/audio/Files/BQuad Manual.pdf

If the Dean version is different maybe a call to the company for a manual is the best thing.

edit: you should be able to adjust the piezo volume of each string individually. I wouldn't rule our the possibility that your strings are defective or simply not "well balanced". I never thought much of Fender strings. Also, It could be your EQ set-up.

I would love to score a 5 string Dean B2. Looks like a great deal for NT with a killer top.

3. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    Thanks for the info.

Does anyone have a flatwound string recommendation for this bass?

4. My TI flats worked great on mine, I'll bet it's the tapewounds. The controls are....... stacked p/u volume w/ center detent (one for each magnetic p/u), master volume, piezo volume, mid level, stacked volume/bass and a 3-way selector switch (Magnetic/Magnetic + Piezo/Piezo). I bought mine damaged at GC for next to nothing. It played very well despite major neck problems. I''m going to install the electronics on a project bass. It's one hell of a system!!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021