1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about Douglas WOB 826

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Iron Tusk, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Iron Tusk

Iron Tusk

Feb 22, 2008
    Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster.
    I just got the Douglas WOB 826 NA in the mail yesterday and was expecting the worst. As soon as I took it out of the box, the action was right where I wanted and it actually sings(didn't even have to change the strings). I go to get my strap to see how the weight feels on my shoulders and there lies the problem: there is no strap button on the top horn. Not like it feel out or anything, more like it was never installed(completely smoothed over).

Later on that night I come home to get some practice time in and when I turn my amp on I'm getting the local soft rock radio station:confused: I plugged in my other basses to make sure it wasn't the amp since I've never had this problem before. It was definitely the Douglas.

So I have two options. I have the luxury of living two doors down from an instrument repair shop that can take care of the strap button and possible shielding issues, or I can exchange it and wait god knows how long to get the replacement. What do you guys think?

2. Stock R

Stock R n00b

Dec 5, 2005
    Toronto/Ottawa
    I would just fix the problems myself. The strap button only requires you to drill a small pilot hole. The cavity you can shield yourself pretty easily too.

3. phatbassplayer

phatbassplayer

Apr 7, 2009
    Illinois
    kurt will take care of that for you, rondo sell excellent instruments for the working musician and has excellent customer service to boot.

4. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Dude, you DO realize the original post is from Feburary of LAST year????