1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question about EBS multicomp before I buy

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jinithith2, Mar 17, 2008.

1. jinithith2

jinithith2

Jul 15, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Would I have to be constantly playing with my Bongo (18V preamp) at fraction volume? because I always end up hitting the volume knob while playing and it turns, so I always leave it full so I have a set marker to go back to.

would full on 18V distort the compressor? should I use a volume pedal in front of everything to get them even? can the bongo function with only 1 9v battery?

thanks all.

2. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    My high output passive bass clipped the input and produced distortion in passive mode. I fixed this by turning the trim pots inside counter-clockwise to about 10 o'clock. You should be ok but remember to adjust those to set the threshold to the ideal level for your bass.

3. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    That's right. Also note that while the Bongo does have high output levels, not all 18V pre's do. And not all 9V pre's have lower output levels necessarily. It's all in how the preamp circuit uses the voltage. FWIW I doubt that the Bongo can run on 9V anyway.