Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question about Eden WT 800 rack or case

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TimBosby, Jun 4, 2005.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I've never had an amp that I've had to rack before and I used to carry my Eden WT 330 around in a laptop case. I have a WT 800 arriving Tuesday and I am not sure how to transport it. I know this seems like a ridiculous question but I am looking for suggestions. What kind of rack/case should I get for it? I was thinking about adding a rack tuner but there is nothing else I really need since it has a built in compressor and I don't use effects or anything. I want it to be as easy to transport as possible but also protected. I don't want to spend too much either. Suggestions?

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i strongly reccomend an skb or gator 2 space case. i use two of them, on for my preamp and one for my poweramp. they are very portable and lightweight. Not super cheap, but hey, neither was your amp.

3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Are those racks one size fits all? I've never used a rack so I don't know how they work... is the Eden 800 going to fit for sure ?

4. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Yes, all racks are standard 19" width. The depth of them varies though. I personally don't like shallow rack cases because I like to store my cables/ surge protector in the back of them. Also if you are going to add somthing like a tuner in the near future, make sure you have enough space. (i.e. if your amp takes up 2 rack spaces get a 3 or 4 space rack.) Hope this helps, God Bless! -Brad

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Here y'go. SKB 4-space rack. It drops right in.

6. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    I use the wt800 in a 4 space rack + Tuner and rack power strip. Good little setup.

7. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    NO. They are not all the same.

The standard size is 19" but you can get them as shallow as 10 1/2".

Measure your amp or look up the specs (front to back measurement) so you know what to get.

:D

Joe.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The width is the same on all of them. Joe is talking about making sure whatever you get is deep enough to hold your amp.

9. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Yes.

Sorry I did not make that clear.

:D

Joe.

10. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    rack it or lose it, I used a 2 space SKB and it had sufficient ventilation space.