1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question about effects loop strips

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jacoby75, Feb 14, 2018.

1. jacoby75

jacoby75

Mar 11, 2010
    Detroit, MI
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Guitars, DR Strings
    Hey gang,
    I am considering getting a loop strip for the first time to separate some of my effects and clean up my signal chain when they're not in use. But I have a question. I see some are built with a "tuner/mute" footswitch option. But if I didn't get one like that and instead got a strip with multiple loops and put a muted tuner in one of them, when I kicked it in wouldn't it mute the signal, or would there be bleed-through of the dry signal?
    Thanks

Update:
    Never mind. One just went on sale with a tuner out, so I decided to grab that one. Though someone else may still have the same question. Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

If you put a tuner in a loop and it is a muting tuner. It will mute the signal when you select that loop.

3. jacoby75

jacoby75

Mar 11, 2010
    Detroit, MI
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Guitars, DR Strings
    That's what I thought, but the gentleman from loop-master said it wouldn't, and recommended getting a strip with a tuner out if I wanted to mute the signal. Maybe it just depends on how his are made. I don't know. This is a new world to me, but it made sense to me that if I put a muted tuner in a loop it would mute everything. Thanks.